B- Day: Are you ready for Brexit final date?

All UK citizens resident in Italy are advised to obtain the new Attestazione di Iscrizione Anagrafica, as per latest circular on residency registration. This is the document attesting UK citizens’ right to reside in Italy for a period longer than 3 months.

Arrangements between UK Italy are yet to be decided and this declaration is intended to show that the UK citizen is protected by the Withdrawal Agreement (WA) even after the transition period.

The only certainty is that UK citizens, who want their rights guaranteed by the WA, will have to provide evidence of having being residents in Italy before 31/12/2021.

This means that whether you are a newly registered citizen or a long term resident in Italy, you are strongly suggested to obtain this specific Attestazione before the end of transition period to make sure you are covered by the WA.

The information on this page may have been provided by a contributor to ChinaGoAbroad, and ChinaGoAbroad makes no guarantees about the accuracy of any content. All content shall be used for informational purposes only. Contributors must obtain all necessary licenses and/or ownership rights from the relevant content owner(s) before submitting such content (including texts, pictures, photos and diagrams) to ChinaGoAbroad for publication. ChinaGoAbroad disclaims all liability arising from the publication of any content/information (such as texts, pictures, photos and diagrams that infringe on any copyright) received from contributors. Links may direct to third party sites out of the control of ChinaGoAbroad, and such links shall not be considered an endorsement by ChinaGoAbroad of any information contained on such third party sites. Please refer to our Disclaimer for more details.