- China & Hong Kong in Q1-Q3 2013 witnessed a jump of 21.1% in deal count (714 deals) compared to Q1-Q3 2012 (589 deals), although only a slight increase in deal value (US$119.6bn) from same period last year (US$ 114bn), which also marked the highest nine-month record by both value and volume since 2007 (US$58.2, 553 deals)
- The third quarter posted 258 deals worth US$ 44.6bn in this region, up 14.9% by value from the corresponding period last year (US$ 38.8bn, 214 deals)
- Inbound M&A increased 99.7% from Q2 2013 (US$ 2.7bn, 35 deals) to US$ 5.4bn (48 deals) this quarter
- Outbound deals in Q1-Q3 2013 saw the highest record in terms of both deal value and volume for the same period since 2007. The US was the largest market for Chinese bidders by value (US$ 11.4bn, 16 deals), and Europe topped in terms of deal count value (US$ 5bn, 32 deals)
- Energy, Mining & Utilities was the most active sector so far this year, with 70 deals worth US$ 29.7bn recorded, increased 97.6% from same period 2012. This sector saw three deals in top list with a combined value of US$19.7bn, account for almost two-thirds of total value of the sector
- The Consumer sector saw the largest increase by value (617.3%) compared to same period last year (US$2.8bn, 50 deals), with 81 deals worth US$20.4bn recorded, which made it into the top 3 sectors.
- Deals valued between US$501m-US$2bn witnessed the highest record by both deal value and deal count (US$50.6bn, 55 deals) in the past six year, contributed 42.3% of the total deal value in Q1-Q3 2013
Click to download Mergermarket's full report: "China & Hong Kong M&A Trend Report: Q1-Q3 2013".
The information on this page may have been provided by a contributor to ChinaGoAbroad, and ChinaGoAbroad makes no guarantees about the accuracy of any content. All content shall be used for informational purposes only. Contributors must obtain all necessary licenses and/or ownership rights from the relevant content owner(s) before submitting such content (including texts, pictures, photos and diagrams) to ChinaGoAbroad for publication. ChinaGoAbroad disclaims all liability arising from the publication of any content/information (such as texts, pictures, photos and diagrams that infringe on any copyright) received from contributors. Links may direct to third party sites out of the control of ChinaGoAbroad, and such links shall not be considered an endorsement by ChinaGoAbroad of any information contained on such third party sites. Please refer to our Disclaimer
for more details.