- +105% sales of tablets from 2012 to 2013.1/4 of French population is equipped with tablets in 2013
- 1 out of 4 TV screens bought in 2013 were connected TV. 10% of French households equipped with connected TV sets now
- Smartphone penetration increased to above average 68% of the French population
Developments in local media market
- 6 new (launched Dec 2012) HD DTT channels cover 67% of the French territory by Dec 2013 and were included in the panel in Jan 2014
- New law on the independence of pubic audiovisual allows channel to switch from pay to free DTT
- 2013 daily viewing time was 226 min per person. Viewing time has increased by 21 minutes in last 5 years
- Viewing time slightly decrease compared to 2012 because of the lack of major sports or political events
- With 58 places in the top 100 audiences of the year, US series are the most popular genre. The Mentalist gets 20 spots in this top 100
- For its second season, The Voice is the moat watched entertainment programme in the country
Click to download the full version of "France TV key facts".
The information on this page may have been provided by a contributor to ChinaGoAbroad, and ChinaGoAbroad makes no guarantees about the accuracy of any content. All content shall be used for informational purposes only. Contributors must obtain all necessary licenses and/or ownership rights from the relevant content owner(s) before submitting such content (including texts, pictures, photos and diagrams) to ChinaGoAbroad for publication. ChinaGoAbroad disclaims all liability arising from the publication of any content/information (such as texts, pictures, photos and diagrams that infringe on any copyright) received from contributors. Links may direct to third party sites out of the control of ChinaGoAbroad, and such links shall not be considered an endorsement by ChinaGoAbroad of any information contained on such third party sites. Please refer to our Disclaimer
for more details.