As announced by the Greek Government's Special Secretariat for PPPs, two construction projects, worth a total of € 202 million, have been approved by the Greek Government's PPP Inter-Ministerial Committee. Final approval means that the two projects enter the final line of preparation for the public tender dossier. Consequently, the tender for each project will be announced in the coming months.
BELT AND ROAD ASSOCIATES can help Chinese construction companies enter the Greek market. Timely market entry and the search for strategic partnerships are essential, especially for Public Tenders. The reason is simple. A Government’s project is being prepared by construction companies who will claim it long before the official tender documents are made public. Therefore, the timely preparation of the Chinese construction companies, in collaboration with the selected local partner, gives them the lead in claiming the projects.
What BELT AND ROAD ASSOCIATES offer to the Chinese construction companies is the matchmaking with major and reliable Greek construction companies, for them to investigate possible collaboration in order to participate in various construction projects in Greece (and also overseas). We will support them in their introductory discussions with the Greek companies, signing MOU, during their meetings in Athens etc. We will provide every relevant information they require at this stage. All the above is provided free.
Our remuneration is a Success Fee, ONLY IF YOU WIN THE TENDER in cooperation with the suggested company.
BELT AND ROAD ASSOCIATES is the ideal partner for Chinese companies because it has been working with Chinese companies for years and knows how to help them enter the Greek market. Recently one of the projects we promoted to a major Chinese company was included in the 6 priority projects signed by the Government of China with the Government of Greece before the President of China Mr. Xi Jinping.
THE TWO PROJECTS
The two projects are the following:
1) "Implementation of Student Halls & Other Educational and Research Facilities in Volos & Lamia"
PPP project with a total investment cost of € 92 million. The object of the partnership concerns the study, financing and technical management of student halls and other buildings of the university of Thessaly.
See the announcement in the following link
2) "Implementation of the Havria Halkidiki Dam Water Treatment Plants & Networks"
Project of total value €110 million, involves the construction of the following infrastructure:
1. The Havria Dam and associated technical work2. Water treatment plants and
3. external networks of total length of 62km, of tanks and pumping stations.
See the announcement in the following link
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We often receive questions from our Chinese partners about the Greek Government tenders and about our company. Here are some of the most popular.
1. Is there always a public tender for the projects of the Greek Government?
The answer is yes, direct assignment is not possible for projects of the Greek Government.
2. It is compulsory to cooperate with a Greek company in order to participate in a tender of the Greek Government
The answer is no. It is not compulsory, but it is necessary for many reasons.
3. Who is the employer in the case of projects by the Greek Government?
The answer is that the employer could be the government of Greece (e.g. Ministry of Transport) or companies that are fully controlled by the Greek government. Simply put, the Greek Government is responsible for payment.
4. Why do you think it is worthwhile for a Chinese company to work with BELT AND ROAD ASSOCIATES to enter the Greek market?
The answer is that the reasons are many, we have put together the 11 main ones and present them to you on our website at this link http://www.beltandroadassociates.com/11-reasons-to-work-with-us/
5. BELT AND ROAD ASSOCIATES has experience of working with Chinese companies?
The answer is, of course, yes. Take a look at our website at the following link to get a quick idea http://www.beltandroadassociates.com/news/
6. What is the legislative framework for PPP projects and for the strategic investments?
The answer is in the link below where you can see a presentation of 1) Private and Public Partnerships in Greece, 2) Strategic Investments procedure in Greece
7. Is there a guide for prospective investors in Greece?
The answer is in the link below where you can see the “INVEST IN GREECE GUIDE” of BELT AND ROAD ASSOCIATES. In this 76 pages guide you will find everything you need to know about Greece and the main sectors:
* TOURISM * ENERGY *ICT *LIFE SCIENCES * FOOD & AGRICULTURE * LOGISTICS * STRATEGIC INVESTMENTS
http://www.beltandroadassociates.com/2020/03/05/invest-in-greece-guide/We are at your disposal for any other information.
BELT AND ROAD ASSOCIATES MANAGING PARTNER
13, Kokkinaki str, Kifisia, Attiki, 14561, Greece
WeChat ID: gfloras
George Floras, Managing Partnergfloras@beltandroadassociates.com