About the "Belt and Road Summit"
Navigating a World of New Opportunities through Hong Kong
China’s Belt and Road Initiative is designed to enhance the orderly free-flow of economic factors and the efficient allocation of resources by expanding business cooperation between the East and the West, from Asia to Europe via Southeast Asia, South Asia, Central Asia, West Asia and the Middle East. The “Belt” and “Road” refer to the Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st Century Maritime Silk Road, respectively. The Initiative offers companies unparalleled opportunities to tap into new markets and explore the tremendous potential of the Chinese mainland, ASEAN countries and many other economies along the Belt and Road.
The inaugural Summit will bring you:
- 20+ international thought-leaders, senior ministers from countries along the Belt and Road, and world-renowned business leaders.
- 1,000+ participants, including key figures of international institutions, corporate leaders, project owners, global investors and service professionals.
Keynote Speech - Belt and Road Initiative: Reshaping the World Economy
- The keynote speaker will share insights into the opportunities brought about by the Belt and Road Initiative
Panel Session I - Investment in Belt and Road Countries: Policymakers' Perspective
- China’s Belt and Road Initiative is expected to drive the growth of economies both along and outside the routes for the coming decades. Global investors are also looking for opportunities in new sectors and regions that will help revitalize the global economy. In this session, policymakers (finance ministers and ministers in charge of inward investment or economic development) will share their views from their respective country perspective.
Panel Session II - Enhancing Cross-sector Connectivity along the Belt and Road
- Promoting connectivity between economies along the Belt and Road is a major goal of the Initiative. The connectivity will bring in new dimensions of co-operation in infrastructure development, finance, logistics and maritime, investment, internationally trade, etc. In this session, a panel of speakers representing international renowned conglomerates will offer insights into closer co-operation across sectors along the Belt and Road.
- With an expected member size amounting to one-third of the world’s economies, the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) has quickly established itself as a prominent international financial institution. What is the priority investment focus of the AIIB? How is the formation of the AIIB going to change the global investment landscape? How can project owners and investors better seize the opportunities offered by the Bank? This keynote will shed light on the above questions.
Panel Session III - Partnerships with ASEAN: Why Crucial Under the Belt and Road Initiative?
- Continuing to outperform its regional peers in economic performance, ASEAN remains one of the most attractive investment destinations in the world. The establishment of the ASEAN Economic Community by the end of 2015 and Hong Kong’s negotiation with ASEAN for a free trade agreement will create an enormous market that offers easier movement of goods, services, investment, capital and people across the region. The Belt and Road Initiative further underlines the opportunities for closer partnerships between Hong Kong, the Chinese mainland and ASEAN. In this session, renowned business leaders will share their views on the prospects of this tripartite collaboration.
Business Matching Session
- This is a series of dedicated business matching sessions connecting project owners & operators, investors and services providers attending the summit. These sessions will allow participants to meet with potential business partners with shared interests in the Belt and Road economies. Each concurrent session will feature renowned speakers from respective sectors sharing their views and insights on the potential of the Belt and Road projects. This will be followed by a networking reception for participants to establish new business opportunities.
Business Matching Session - Transportation and Logistics Infrastructure
For projects related to the construction of railways, terminals, ports, highways, bridges, and other transportation and logistics facilities.
Business Matching Session - Urban Planning and Rural Development
For projects related to urban planning and rural development including housing, schools, hospitals, industrial parks, as well as projects related to and farmland, forestry, water irrigation, etc.
Business Matching Session - Public Utilities and Energy
For projects related to power plants, gas and water supply, sewage treatment, etc.
Business Matching Session - Telecommunications
For projects related to telecommunications.
Business Matching Session - International Trade and Manufacturing
For projects related to international trade and manufacturing, including agricultural products and related technologies.
Please visit the official website: www.beltandroadsummit.hk for more details.
The information on this page may have been provided by a contributor to ChinaGoAbroad, and ChinaGoAbroad makes no guarantees about the accuracy of any content. All content shall be used for informational purposes only. Contributors must obtain all necessary licenses and/or ownership rights from the relevant content owner(s) before submitting such content (including texts, pictures, photos and diagrams) to ChinaGoAbroad for publication. ChinaGoAbroad disclaims all liability arising from the publication of any content/information (such as texts, pictures, photos and diagrams that infringe on any copyright) received from contributors. Links may direct to third party sites out of the control of ChinaGoAbroad, and such links shall not be considered an endorsement by ChinaGoAbroad of any information contained on such third party sites. Please refer to our Disclaimer
for more details.