All documents must be completed in triplicate and be notarized by a Notary Public where necessary
- 3 Completed application form (All sections must be properly completed)
- 2 Passport size photographs
- Processing fee of J$15,000.00 to be paid at any branch of National Commercial Bank (NCB). Copies of the bank vouchers titled “Accounts copy and Work Permit copy” should be attached to the application to the application.
- Proof of Qualification (e.g. diplomas, certificates etc. to be certified by a Justice of the Peace or notary public with a valid Commission)
- Resume of the applicant
- Police Record - to be issued by the appropriate Security Authority in the country of the applicant's domicile
- Proof of Business Registration (Certificate of Incorporation and Memorandum of Association) to be certified by a Justice of the Peace or Notary Public
- A Tax Registration Number (TRN)
- Tax Compliance Certificate if enterprise is in operation for at least a year (to be certified by a Justice of the Peace or Notary Public)
- For certain positions, original newspaper advertisement (entire page on which advertisement appears), showing the name of the publication and date.
- Certified copy of pages from the passport showing:
- proof of identify
- passport number
- date of issue and expiry
- landing status in Jamaica
- Cover letter from the local employer requesting a work permit for the potential employee. The letter should be addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary
The Ministry of Labour and Social Security
a) Application forms and cover letter must be submitted in triplicate with two sets of supporting documents.
b) The cover letter should state efforts to recruit a Jamaica national to undertake work contemplated; and the expected duration of the work to be undertaken by the applicant.
The information on this page may have been provided by a contributor to ChinaGoAbroad, and ChinaGoAbroad makes no guarantees about the accuracy of any content. All content shall be used for informational purposes only. Contributors must obtain all necessary licenses and/or ownership rights from the relevant content owner(s) before submitting such content (including texts, pictures, photos and diagrams) to ChinaGoAbroad for publication. ChinaGoAbroad disclaims all liability arising from the publication of any content/information (such as texts, pictures, photos and diagrams that infringe on any copyright) received from contributors. Links may direct to third party sites out of the control of ChinaGoAbroad, and such links shall not be considered an endorsement by ChinaGoAbroad of any information contained on such third party sites. Please refer to our Disclaimer
for more details.