Universal aims to finish first phase of Beijing theme park this year

Date: 08 Jan 2020

The Universal Beijing Resort is expected to complete its first construction of rides and attractions of first phase within this year and has plans to officially open in 2021, according to the Beijing Daily.

The park will be the largest Universal theme park in the world. It will be the fifth Universal park in the world and third in Asia.

The resort has announced the first batch of attractions and rides including Universal's big productions such as the Jurassic World Isla Nublar island, Harry Potter and Minions.

Universal Beijing Resort is owned by Beijing International Resort Co Ltd, a joint venture between Beijing Shouhuan Cultural Tourism Investment Co Ltd and Universal Parks & Resorts, a business unit of Comcast NBCUniversal. Beijing Shouhuan takes up 70 per cent shares and Universal Parks & Resorts the rest of 30 per cent.

The Universal Beijing Resort will debut two hotels: The Universal Studios Grand Hotel and the NUO Resort Hotel - Universal Beijing Resort.

The resort also announced its collaboration with Yum China, the parent company of fast food service provider KFC and Pizza Hut, to roll out concept store of KFC with menu designed specifically for the resort.

Source: China Daily

Disclaimer
The information on this page may have been provided by a contributor to ChinaGoAbroad, and ChinaGoAbroad makes no guarantees about the accuracy of any content. All content shall be used for informational purposes only. Contributors must obtain all necessary licenses and/or ownership rights from the relevant content owner(s) before submitting such content (including texts, pictures, photos and diagrams) to ChinaGoAbroad for publication. ChinaGoAbroad disclaims all liability arising from the publication of any content/information (such as texts, pictures, photos and diagrams that infringe on any copyright) received from contributors. Links may direct to third party sites out of the control of ChinaGoAbroad, and such links shall not be considered an endorsement by ChinaGoAbroad of any information contained on such third party sites. Please refer to our Disclaimer for more details.
Top